When we first moved down south plus bought a house, the property needed quite a bit of repairs plus renovation! One of the lavatorys plus the kitchen required complete remodeling, then we substituted all of the appliances, fixtures plus drain pipes.
We originally hoped to substitute the heating/cooling component within the first year, however, we had so many other updates taking priority that we put it off for almost five years.
It was a gigantic packaged component that made a tremendous amount of noise every time it started up, but the component was located outdoors plus was obviously actually old. The outer cabinet showed signs of rustâ€¦ During the summer, despite the high heat plus humidity, the method managed to keep up with temperature control. The winters in our local area are consistently quite mild. One year, we experienced a record-setting cold snap. In heating mode, the component struggled. It froze several times. We ended up purchasing an electric oil furnace to supplement it. Other than that, we were pleased with the performance of the packaged heating/cooling unit. Our first sign of any concerns with it were when it supplied sizzling air in cooling mode. I called for repairs plus fully expected the Heating as well as A/C company to recommend substitutement. The company found a refrigerant leak. She explained that the component was too outdated to find up-to-date parts for it. She suggested that we try refilling plus recharging the method plus see how long it would hold up. The total repair only cost $200. It lasted a year. The following summer, the method once again produced only sizzling air. I decided not to invest into another repair. It seemed more cost-effective to invest into a up-to-date heating plus cooling unit.